OTM Trainee Train Driver
To learn to undertake the safe and efficient way to drive and service all or parts of On Track Machines (OTMs) for which certificates of competence are held.
To learn driving and servicing of OTMs in compliance with the relevant work instructions, standards and rules.
Specific Job Requirements
- Work towards a full Driver’s competency as specified by the Standards and Competencies department.
- Work towards gaining the competence required to drive and operate OTM and other On Track Plant.
- Willingness to learn to operate and drive a wide variety of machines as per the needs of the business.
- Willingness to learn route knowledge competencies as per the needs of the Business.
- Comply with all Rules and Regulations and observe local conditions.
- Willingness to undertake preventative maintenance including daily and weekly checks.
- Learn and arrange how to complete all returns associated with plant operation, viz, log book entries, Plant Utilisation returns, workplace documentation and supply other information that may be requested from time to time.
- Drive road vehicles as required.
- Be taught how to provide a brief report to the OTM Operations Supervisor / Control when planned work or transits are not achieved due to operating difficulties, plant performance, crewing, non-provisions of pilotmen etc.
- There will be a requirement to work away from home to meet contractual and training requirements.
- Aptitude to learn mechanised track renewal and maintenance procedures.
- Willingness to learn Permanent Way Rules and Regulations, procedures and track safety rules.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of OTM Operation to required Stand.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Competency to learn to assimilate and apply Route Knowledge.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Train Movers Medical and Psychometric Assessment.
- Capability to drive road vehicles or willingness to learn
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude to working in a similar industrial environment.
- Candidates with an Engineering background would be at a distinct advantage
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers