Experienced OTM Fitter Operator
| MIDLANDS (SOUTH)
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd provide the latest on-track technology to improve safety, reliability and sustainability of mechanised railway engineering works. We now have a fantastic opportunity within the company for experienced OTM Fitter Operators due to the delivery of four new machines, (the last two to arrive in 2021), to aid our expanding business.
The Swietelsky AG family employs over 10,000 people and turnover is circa Eur 2.6 billion. We deliver specialist construction projects including, tunneling, Bridges, highways and railways. Our railway division alone employs 1,700 skilled operators, technicians and engineers and is part of our multi skilled workforce with an ongoing trainee driver scheme.
Working as part of the SB Rail Joint Venture partnership since 2004 Swietelsky have developed and purchased the most capable and diversified fleet of on-track machines in the country and have been responsible for introducing a number of ‘first of type’ equipment advancements.
In a recent Financial Times survey of employees, Swietelsky were ranked 14th out of 850 European companies for Diversity Leaders.
Swietelsky are utilised by various railway clients on a nationwide basis which will require the successful candidate to demonstrate a willingness to lodge and travel when required.
We are a family friendly company and our ethos is shown in our flexible roster pattern of one in two weekends working, over our competitors. Generous rates of pay for a good and enjoyable day’s work.
The successful candidate for the role of Experienced OTM Fitter Operator will be highly motivated. and a talented On Track Plant Fitter Operator Midlands (South).
Duties will include:
- Undertake pre-planned maintenance of OTM fleet, as required by maintenance periodicity and applicable maintenance schedules.
- Undertake fault finding and repair of OTM fleet before, during and after machine shifts within permissible working hours.
- Undertake machine maintenance, overhaul, major component replacement and outstanding repairs, in any authorised maintenance location.
- Attain and retain required competency as stated by ROGS (The Railways and Other Guided Transport System (Safety) Regulations 2006) and other applicable standards.
- Ensure all machines systems are tested and calibrated to ensure machine complies with all applicable quality and safety standards.
- Operate OTM, for which certificate of competency has been obtained.
- Responsible for cleaning and fuelling of machines as directed.
- Comply with all Rules and Regulations and observe all local conditions.
- Liaise with workshop staff and inform of equipment required for forthcoming jobs.
- Work away from home to meet contractual and training requirements.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd
- Proven ability in fault finding on Rail plant machinery
- Completed recognised Apprenticeship or NVQ to Level 3 in maintenance activities.
- Previous knowledge of the railway is essential
- Experience of diesel/hydraulic plant is essential
- Must have Operator competency for applicable OTM
- Ability to pass Personal Track Safety and the entrance medical, including substance testing and colour blindness, is essential. Others as agreed to meet the requirement of the post.
- Willingness to partake in further training.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent Team player
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of maintaining and repairing Rail plant machinery.
- A NEW generous and COMPOSITE fully pensionable salary.
- 35 hours a week over a 4 day shift pattern.
- 28 days holiday per year for full-time employees, which increases on a tiered system after 5 year’ service and 8 Public holidays.
- A company vehicle is provided for business use.