Experienced OTM Train Driver & Operator
| LNW South
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd provide the latest on-track technology to improve safety, reliability and sustainability of mechanised railway engineering works. We now have a fantastic opportunity within the company for experienced OTM Train Driver & Operators due to the delivery of four new machines, (the last two to arrive in 2021), to aid our expanding business.
The Swietelsky AG family employs over 10,000 people and turnover is circa Eur 2.6 billion. We deliver specialist construction projects including, tunneling, Bridges, highways and railways. Our railway division alone employs 1,700 skilled operators, technicians and engineers and is part of our multi skilled workforce with an ongoing trainee driver scheme.
Working as part of the SB Rail Joint Venture partnership since 2004 Swietelsky have developed and purchased the most capable and diversified fleet of on-track machines in the country and have been responsible for introducing a number of ‘first of type’ equipment advancements.
In a recent Financial Times survey of employees, Swietelsky were ranked 14th out of 850 European companies for Diversity Leaders.
Swietelsky are utilised by various railway clients on a nationwide basis which will require the successful candidate to demonstrate a willingness to lodge and travel when required.
We are a family friendly company and our ethos is shown in our flexible roster pattern of one in two weekends working, over our competitors. Generous rates of pay for a good and enjoyable day’s work.
The successful candidate for the role of Experienced OTM Train Driver & Operator will be highly motivated. You will have an excellent knowledge of Drivers Rules and Regulations with good route competency and route card across Midlands & LNW South.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Operate and/or drive OTM for which certification of relevant competencies have been obtained.
- Carry out daily and weekly maintenance of machines.
- A valid European Train Drivers License.
- Arrange to complete and return all associated paperwork/electronic format including Phires/DWR forms, completion of log books, updating machine databases and other documentation as required.
- Attain and retain required competency stipulated by ROGS (The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006) and other applicable standards.
- Comply will all Rules and Regulations and observe all local conditions.
- Full UK recognised Driver’s license.
- Work away from home to meet contractual and training requirements.
- Willingness to learn to operate a wide variety of machines as per the needs of the business.
- Willingness to learn route competency as per the needs of the business.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd
35 per week
- Excellent knowledge of Drivers Rules and Regulations.
- Good route competency desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of OTM operation desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of Permanent Way Rules and Regulations, procedures and track safety knowledge.
- Personal Track Safety, Designated Person and the ability to meet the Drivers Medical Standard are essential. Others as agreed to meet the requirements of the post.
- Willingness to partake in further training.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet the requirements of Psychometric testing if required.
- Good communication skills.
- A NEW generous and COMPOSITE fully pensionable salary.
- 35 hours a week over a 4 day shift pattern.
- 28 days holiday per year for full-time employees, which increases on a tiered system after 5 year’ service and 8 Public holidays.
- A company vehicle is provided for business use.