Apprentice/Trainee On Track Machine Technician
| LNW/Nottingham/Peterborough/Doncaster or surrounding areas
Working as part of the SB Rail Joint Venture partnership since 2004 Swietelsky have developed and purchased the most capable and diversified fleet of on-track machines in the country and have been responsible for introducing a number of ‘first of type’ equipment advancements.
Swietelsky provide the latest on-track technologies to improve safety, reliability and sustainability of mechanised railway engineering works. We now have a fantastic opportunity within the company for 2 OTM Apprentice/Trainee Driver & Operators within our Plant Department. You will be required to pass the initial Psychometric Testing. Swietelsky are used by various railway clients on a nationwide basis which will require the successful candidate to demonstrate a willingness to lodge and travel when required. The home reporting location and administration hub for the plant department is based at our depot at Guide Bridge, Manchester. Once you have completed your training the role with have nationwide travel. Swietelsky recognize individual efforts and we have a unique culture that promotes a long-term career with us.
The successful candidate for the roles of OTM Apprentice/Trainee Drivers & Operators will be highly motivated with a keen interest in Engineering, ideally have an interest and aptitude for operating machines, hold a full clean Driving Licence, be able to work on own initiative.
We believe our Modern Apprenticeship Programme is key to addressing the current skill shortages within the industry. If successful you will be joining one of the fastest growing OTM suppliers in the UK with a fantastic opportunity to grow with us.
Essential qualities for the successful candidate include:
- Work towards a full Driver’s competency as specified by the Standards and Competencies department.
- Work towards gaining the competence required to drive and operate On Track Machines and other On Track Plant.
- Willingness to learn to operate and drive a wide variety of machines as per the needs of the business.
- Willingness to learn route knowledge competencies as per the needs of the Business.
- Comply with all Rules and Regulations and observe local conditions.
- Willingness to undertake preventative maintenance including daily and weekly checks.
- Learn and arrange how to complete all returns associated with plant operation, viz, log book entries, Plant Utilisation returns, workplace documentation and supply other information that may be requested from time to time.
- Drive road vehicles as required.
- Be taught how to provide a brief report to the On Track Machines Operations Supervisor / Control when planned work or transits are not achieved due to operating difficulties, plant performance, crewing, non-provisions of pilotmen etc.
- Excellent team player and keen to learn.
- Likes the outdoors and happy working shifts.
- Aptitude to learn mechanised track renewal and maintenance procedures.
- An Engineering background would be at a distinct advantage.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd
LNW/Nottingham/Peterborough/Doncaster or surrounding areas
£26,000 - £30,250
- Have a keen interest in Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C/4 and above, including Maths, English and Science.
- Ability to partake in further education/training is essential.
- Ability to pass Personal Track Safety and the entrance medical, including substance testing and colour blindness, is essential. Others as agreed to meet the requirement of the post.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to attend college and complete vocational training in Engineering.
- Behavioral Skills required:
- Focus & Discipline
- Self- Management
- Attention to detail
- No experience necessary however any relevant experience will be viewed favourably.
Previous applicants need not apply.