Apprentice On Track Machine Technician – Manchester
| Guide Bridge, Manchester
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd provide the latest on-track technologies to improve safety, reliability and sustainability of mechanised railway engineering works. We are currently searching for talented individuals to be developed into tomorrow’s best On Track Plant Engineering Technicians.
The Swietelsky AG family employs over 10,000 people and turnover is circa Eur 2.6 billion. We deliver specialist construction projects including, tunnelling, bridges, highways and railways. Our railway division alone employs 1,700 skilled operators, technicians and engineers and is part of our multi skilled workforce.
Working as part of the SB Rail Joint Venture partnership since 2004, Swietelsky have developed and purchased the most capable and diversified fleet of on-track machines in the country and have been responsible for introducing a number of ‘first of type’ equipment advancements.
Swietelsky believe that delegated responsibility as well as employee participation in success mean that our motivated and competent employees can act as “entrepreneurs within the company”. The constant enhancement of our services and the willingness of our employees to continuously develop their skills are responsible for this positive engagement and development.
We believe our Modern Apprenticeship Programme is key to addressing the current skill shortages within the industry. If successful you will be joining one of the fastest growing OTM suppliers in the UK with a fantastic opportunity to grow with us.
Based at our Guide Bridge Depot (Manchester), you will be trained in all aspects of On-Track Plant maintenance, repairs, fault finding and operations over a 4 year apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- Assist in maintenance, repair and fault finding duties with the supervision of a trained technician.
- Assist in machine overhaul, major component replacement and outstanding repairs, in any authorised maintenance location.
- Develop an understanding of all documentation relating to each On-Track Machine.
- Attend college to gain the NVQ and BTECH qualifications required for Apprenticeship framework.
- Develop an NVQ portfolio by carrying out required duties.
- Work towards competency required by ROGS (The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006) and other applicable standards.
- Follow all Health and Safety processes and procedure standards at all times and without exception.Ensure a thorough understanding of all Company Safe Systems of Work and always adhere to within the workshop or mobile operations.
- Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards within the workplace at all times.
- There may be a requirement to work away from home as the role progresses.
- Ensure appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times and without exception and report defective PPE immediately.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers
Swietelsky Construction Company Ltd
Guide Bridge, Manchester
- Have a keen interest in Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C/4 and above, including Maths, English and Science.
- Ability to partake in further education/training is essential.
- Ability to pass Personal Track Safety and the entrance medical, including substance testing and colour blindness, is essential. Others as agreed to meet the requirement of the post.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to attend college and complete vocational training in Engineering.
- No experience necessary however any relevant experience will be viewed favourably.