Swietelsky UK, on behalf of SB Rail, are currently searching for talented individuals to be developed into tomorrow’s best On Track Plant Engineering Technicians.
Based at the Guide Bridge Depot (Manchester), you will be trained in all aspects of On Track Plant maintenance, repairs, fault finding and operations over a 4 year apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- Assist in maintenance, repair and fault finding duties with the supervision of a trained technician
- Assist in identifying the requirement for replacement parts
- Develop an understanding of all documentation relating to each On Track Machine
- Attend college to gain the NVQ, ONC and HNC qualifications required
- Develop an NVQ portfolio by carrying out required duties
- Work towards competency required by ROGS (The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006) and other applicable standards.
- Follow all Health and Safety processes and procedure standards at all times and without exception
- Ensure a thorough understanding of all Company Safe Systems of Work and always adhere to within the workshop or mobile operations
- Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards within the workplace at all times
- Ensure appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times and without exception and report defective PPE immediately
- Build rapport, develop trust and respect from both internal and external customers
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate an aptitude towards Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade A- C, including Maths and Science.
- Have the ability to partake in further education/training is essential.
- Be able to pass Personal Track Safety and the entrance medical, including substance testing and colour blindness.
- Have good interpersonal skills
No experience necessary however any relevant experience will be viewed favourably.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers