Swietelsky UK, on behalf of SB Rail are currently looking for a talented Technical Trainer.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Train and assess staff on OTM operations where required.
- Provide general assistance to the Training and Competence Manager as required.
- Assess staff on Safety Critical Maintenance as directed by the Training and Competence Manager where required.
- Produce and review training literature, course content and notes as necessitated by the needs of the business.
- Design, develop and deliver bespoke training packages for both in house and external clients.
- Train and assess staff on Technical Systems of the OTM & Crane fleet, to refresh and improve underpinning knowledge with a focus aimed towards efficient and accurate fault finding.
- Conduct classes regarding safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of software, machinery, and equipment.
- Attain and retain required competencies required by Safety Critical Work Regulations and other applicable standards.
- Comply with all Rules and regulations and observe all local conditions.
- Work away from home to meet contractual and training requirements as required.
- Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses.
- Assist supervisors to ensure works are able to be planned and undertaken by competent staff.
- Work closely with Assessors to ensure planned competency assessments are completed.
- Assist with the development of the apprenticeship learning and development programme.
- Full UK recognised Driver’s License.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers
Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd
- Excellent knowledge of plant equipment and maintenance systems and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HSW and other appropriate statutory regulations.
- Experience of operating OTM (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of competency standards for applicable ROGS (The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006) .
- Good knowledge of Permanent Way Rules and Regulations, procedures and track safety rules.
- Knowledge of required machine outputs in relation to track quality.
- Good knowledge of OTM and Crane PLC systems including CANBUS.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate Employees.
- Training presentation skills
- Personal Track Safety and Designated Person are essential. Others as agreed to meet the requirements of the post.
- Excellent IT Skills
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Ability to introduce best practice and a continuous improvement.
- Recognised D32/33 or A1/A2 Assessors qualification (Desirable)
- Recognised Trainers Qualification
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with Plant equipment.