OTM Trainee Train Driver & Operator
| Crewe South/Nationwide
Working as part of the SB Rail Joint Venture partnership since 2004 Swietelsky have developed and purchased the most capable and diversified fleet of on-track machines in the country and have been responsible for introducing a number of ‘first of type’ equipment advancements.
Swietelsky provide the latest on-track technologies to improve safety, reliability and sustainability of mechanised railway engineering works. We now have a fantastic opportunity within the company for OTM Trainee Train Drivers & Operator within our Plant Department. You will be required to pass the initial Psychometric Testing. Swietelsky are used by various railway clients on a nationwide basis which will require the successful candidate to demonstrate a willingness to lodge and travel when required. The home reporting location and administration hub for the plant department is based at our depot at Guide Bridge, Manchester. Once you have completed your training the role with have nationwide travel. Swietelsky recognise individual efforts and we have a unique culture that promotes a long-term career with us.
The successful candidate for the role of OTM Trainee Train Drivers & Operator will be highly motivated ideally have an interest in Electrics or Mechanics, hold a full clean Driving Licence, be able to work on own initiative.
Essential qualities for the successful candidate include:
- Work towards a full Driver’s competency as specified by the Standards and Competencies department.
- Work towards gaining the competence required to drive and operate OTM and other On Track Plant.
- Willingness to learn to operate and drive a wide variety of machines as per the needs of the business.
- Willingness to learn route knowledge competencies as per the needs of the Business.
- Comply with all Rules and Regulations and observe local conditions.
- Willingness to undertake preventative maintenance including daily and weekly checks.
- Learn and arrange how to complete all returns associated with plant operation, viz, log book entries, Plant Utilisation returns, workplace documentation and supply other information that may be requested from time to time.
- Drive road vehicles as required.
- Be taught how to provide a brief report to the OTM Operations Supervisor / Control when planned work or transits are not achieved due to operating difficulties, plant performance, crewing, non-provisions of pilotmen etc.
- Aptitude to learn mechanised track renewal and maintenance procedures.
- Willingness to learn Permanent Way Rules and Regulations, procedures and track safety rules.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of OTM Operation to required Stand.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Competency to learn to assimilate and apply Route Knowledge.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Train Movers Medical and Psychometric Assessment.
- Capability to drive road vehicles or willingness to learn
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude to working in a similar industrial environment.
- Candidates with an Engineering background would be at a distinct advantage
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers