Experienced Fleet Assistant
| Guide Bridge, Manchester
Established in 2004, Swietelsky Construction Company is a leading provider of On Track Machines to the Railway Industry.
Due to our expanding workforce and new fleet of vehicles, we now have a great opportunity within the Company for the position of an Experienced Fleet Assistant & Technical Support in Audenshaw, Manchester. We recognize individual efforts and a unique culture that promotes a long-term career with us.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Fleet Assistant & Technical Support to join our enthusiastic team within our Operations Department creating a safer driving culture. The successful candidate for the role of Experienced Fleet Assistant & Technical Support will work with our Fleet Manager and Technical team to deliver an efficient and effective service to the business in the management of the entire Swietelsky vehicle fleet and device on boarding. You will have the capability and willingness after training to aid with the set up and distribution of new starters iphones and ipads.
- Liaise with Supervisors for the provision and allocation of fleet vehicles and associated administration; fuel cards, charges, tolls and driver license checking.
- Arranging where required MOT’s, servicing and repairs for vans.
- Management of the bowser driver ensuring rules and regulations are adhered to and monitoring of the tachograph including proper record keeping and filling.
- Organise the stipulated 6 weekly Safety Inspections of the bowser as well and maintaining and recoding fuel usage and re-supply.
- Providing management information and environmental standards reporting
- Administration of fuel logs and receipts.
- Experience of identifying and applying continuous improvement.
- Working with the Fleet Manager and Business to successfully introduce and deliver new business strategies and product innovations.
- Act as a key contact for other departments within the business for vehicle related matters.
- Assist in ensuring that all vehicles and drivers remain compliant to health and safety, focused in cost reduction and assist in the recovery of any revenues associated to the department.
- Booking delivery and collection of vehicles for the business.
- Administrative handling of Penalty Charge Notices, Speeding Offences and potential re-charging.
- Perform collision investigation – to highlight common issues/drivers.
- Assist with set up of iPhone and iPad to new starters.
- A good understanding of mobile phone handsets and a familiarity with Apple devices.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers
Guide Bridge, Manchester
£22K - £24K (dependant on experience)
- Previous experience gained within a Fleet department.
- Professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Communicative, organised, flexible and committed and you must have a can-do attitude.
- Excellent IT Knowledge.
- A Fleet administration qualification and/or prior knowledge of Fleet Source FMS would be advantageous however not essential.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Fleet Management System.
- A competitive salary fully pensionable.
• 35 hours a week Monday to Friday.
• 28 days holiday per year for full-time employees, which increases on a tiered system after 5 years service.
• 8 Public holidays.
• Free onsite parking.
This position is full-time and permanent.
Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to complete the Company’s Application Form stating your current salary and expected salary for this role in your Covering Letter/email.