Due to an exciting period of change Swietelsky Construction Co Ltd are looking to recruit a fully qualified Accountant based from our Glasgow Office for a 12 month Maternity Cover.
To maintain the financial records of the Company in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
To provide a financial service to the business.
Ensure that the risks to the Health and Safety of yourself, fellow Employees, Contractors and third parties are systematically managed to as low as is reasonably practicable.
Comply with all Health and Safety legislation and approved codes of practice.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee processing of Invoices on Eurofib.
- Payment of Invoices in line with payment terms and on approval under the delegation of authority matrix.
- Calculation and posting of foreign exchange rate gains/losses as invoices paid.
- Weekly creditors reporting including clearing open items.
- Maintenance of Direct Debits ensuring that invoices relating to payments have been received.
- Reconciliation of Intercompany Accounts including period end revaluation and posting of exchange rate gains/losses.
- Raising of Sales Invoices and entering on Eurofib.
- Weekly Debtors Reporting.
- Reconciliation of Intercompany Accounts including revaluation and posting exchange rate gains/losses.
- Maintenance of the Company Bank Accounts.
- Reconciliation of Banks Accounts including Euro Accounts on a weekly basis.
- Management of payments including to suppliers and HMRC for VAT.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register including calculation and posting of depreciation.
- Correctly account for Lease obligations.
Month and Year End.
- Monthly computation of Accruals and Prepayments with necessary postings.
- Preparation and posting of Journals where necessary.
- Preparation and Review of Monthly and YTD Profit and Loss Account ensuring that month end deadlines met.
- Ensure month end close down of Eurofib.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- To provide reporting as and when required to Parent Company, Directors, Finance Manager and Commercial Manager
- To assist in the preparation of an annual Budget.
VAT and Taxation.
- Ensure that input and output tax is correctly recorded from Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger Invoices.
- Completion of VAT return in line with reporting requirements ensuring payment deadlines are met.
- Posting and payment of QIPS for Corporation Tax.
- To be able to cover other finance roles in the event of absence.
- Maintain organized archive of all invoices, reports and other financial and tax documents.
- Any further adhoc finance related tasks as requested by the Finance Manager or Directors.
- Assist with the annual Audit.
- Provide support to other members of the Finance Team where required.
- Preparation and submission of statistical Returns.
- Be confident in working independently.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures through experience gained and being a part qualified accountant.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good systems knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with non-financial personnel.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively plan and organise.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please email us with a copy of your C.V.
« Back To Careers